Monday, September 7, 2015

Ice Cream of the gods

What ice cream flavor can best describe two Mesopotamian gods and two Greek gods, that is the question. Now what is the answer (in my opinion of course)?

For Tiamat, the saltwater seas and mother of all other gods, I chose Vanilla. Not because of her personality but because from her comes all other gods, and from vanilla you can get multiple flavors.

For Apsu I have chosen French Vanilla ice cream with chopped nuts and peanut butter chips as a topping. French Vanilla is a very sweet ice cream representing the Fresh Water seas or the Sweet Water seas, and the nutty toppings represent Apsu's annoyance with his children when they got too loud.

For Athena, the pale of grey-eyed goddess I have chosen an Earl Grey ice cream because the type of ice cream gives a common description, or epithet of Athena.

For Persephone I have chosen a Pomegranate ice cream or gelato representing the pomegranate seed that Hades tricked Persephone into eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment