Wednesday, August 16, 2017
Radical: Part 3
The most difficult part of the Radical Experiment for me would be to pray for the whole world. I am the type of person who judges some things based off of my feelings, so when a person does something wrong to me or to anyone that I care about, I find it hard to truly forgive them. Or if there is someone that I do not and cannot respect, I tend to leave them out in my prayers. As a flawed human being we categorize sins, to us there are degrees of sins. To God sin is sin. So in God's eyes my dishonesty is just as bad as someone else's homicide because if God's spirit is not in you, it is not in you and that is that. Unfortunately I have selective memory, so I can remember that when I have no conflict, when something arises however, I have no recollection of that fact whatsoever. There have been times when I have purposely excluded people from my prayers, and I literally have to pray to want to pray for those people. In all honesty all five components would be extremely difficult for me, because I am not yet at the stage where I am willing to make a ton of sacrifices, and I need and want to be considering what God gave up for me. So until I build a strong relationship with God, this challenge is near impossible for me to do completely.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment