"Now look you. All of you. We danced. And Tituba conjured Ruth Putnam's dead sisters. And that is all. And mark this. Let either of you breathe a word, or the edge of a word, about the other things, and I will come to you in the black of some terrible night and I will bring a pointy reckoning that will shudder you. And you know I can do it; I saw Indians smash my dear parents heads on the pillow next to mine, and i have seen some reddish work done at night, and I can make you wish you had never seen the sun go down!..." ~ Abigail
This quote sticks out to me, because this shows who Abigail truly is, and just how much power she holds over the other girls. This also shows just how far she is willing to go to get what she wants, and just how little she cares about people other than herself. Her goal was to kill Elizabeth and if anyone stood in her way, then she was saying that she would not even hesitate to kill them. She saw her parents killed, and uses that experience to show that she knows how to kill others, showing the hardness of her heart.
I agree. Abigail’s actions reveal the true capabilities of evil in the human race. She is willing to sacrifice her life and the lives of the other girls in order to seek vengeance. This is pure evil and thats it. I’m in awe at what lengths Abigail will go to in order to prove a point. People’s lives are on the line and she doesn’t care.
ReplyDelete